Picture of Muschelpuster
Registered 7 years 288 days
+18 −0 Open for Voting
Muschelpuster Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 03:58 PM
18 of 18 users support this suggestion
Other: Headset-LAN-Adapter
From our daily business, we all know that softphones are a cheap solution, but success depends on many other hardware and software. So, it can become rapidly expensive because of service costs. Especially terminal server environments are sometimes very painful. Clients with low performance or Linux thin clients and users who don't know the difference between local and remote sessions. So it will be a good idea to have a separate cheap device. Maybe it's possible to strip down an IP102 board to an IP100 board, without a keyboard and display and put it in a simple small case. Then we have a headset adapter with a lot of advantages:
1. full manageable via Devices App
2. complete Innovaphone know-how and support
3. wide range of supported headsets
I think this must be well under 100€ possible. It will be a stable and well-maintainable solution with perfectly low risks in terms of service costs.
Any doubt from Innovaphone? Have a look at your Mantis request about problems with softphone wink

Niels
Picture of Chris 556
Registered 13 years 145 days
Chris 556 Thursday, 18 April 2024, 04:02 PM
Re: Other: Headset-LAN-Adapter
This sounds like a good solution. But maybe a workaround can be an android tablet running Myapps on it. Connect a bluethooth headset to it. But this is offcourse not manageble from the devices app.
Picture of Muschelpuster
Muschelpuster Saturday, 20 April 2024, 01:29 PM
An tablet will provide us all known problems of softclients. For me it will be a better way to install a IP102 and placing it hidden under the table (if customer will not see it).

Niels
Picture of Muschelpuster
Muschelpuster Thursday, 25 April 2024, 01:41 PM in response to Chris 556
Another quick, cheap (and dirty?) option will be an image of the phone software for Raspberry PI. Just a spontaneous idea…
Burning image on CF and editing a configuration file (IP settings and devices app URL) and ready to fly wink

Niels
me
Moderator Registered 9 years 218 days
Jérémie Bidal (innovaphone) Friday, 21 June 2024, 02:32 PM in response to Muschelpuster
Hi Niels,

You can already use our myApps plugin for VDI and Citrix, in v14r2 we will have also a plugin for linux
https://wiki.innovaphone.com/index.php?title=Reference14r2:MyApps_Plugin_for_Virtual_Desktops

it is also planned for the future version to have a plugin for Vmware solutions
Picture of Muschelpuster
Muschelpuster Friday, 21 June 2024, 05:12 PM
Thank you Jérémie,

I know the plugin, but I didn't realise it only works with Citrix.
However, as I wrote, my request suits regular PC clients. As you can read in your Mantis, there are many problems without a terminal server environment, too.

Niels
← You can define your color theme preference here